Advanced Teacher Training FAQs
Can you make an exception for me regarding _____ for the ATT program?
No, we have created the requirements for the ATT program with much thought. We understand that not everyone will be able to meet all of them. However, successful candidates for the program will be able to do so.
What are you looking for in the dance resume needed for ATT?
- The dance resume should be no longer than 2 pages. It should include anything that you think is relevant to your application for Advanced Teacher Training.
- Although what you chose to highlight in a resume can often vary depending on the position for which you are applying, I would suggest highlighting anything that you have done that would be of value to someone who is an Advanced Teacher.
- I would think that fitness certifications would be relevant. Training in yoga or other movements that would enhance your understanding of the body and its mechanics would be important to mention.
- Although you may want to mention event production, I would do so only in the context of how that applies to your ability to work with others and enhance your teaching.
- The Advanced Teacher Training will always be held in San Francisco.
Can you explain more about the references needed for ATT? Do they have to be written?
- Yes, we would like written references. Each candidate can determine what they would like to highlight about themselves but what we are really looking for is whether the candidate “plays well with others.” This Advanced Teacher Training will obviously be about advancing your skills and marketability but Carolena and Megha also want to see dancers who can be good representatives of ATS® through collegial and professional behavior within their own communities and the ATS® community at large.
- As for the SS reference letter, it is fine to ask those who you know from any setting. We realize that some of you are the only SS in your geographic location, but assume you know other Sister Studios from workshops, your GS/TT training or even by interacting with them on line. It is important that those who go through the ATT be members of the ATS® community along with having the potential for being Advanced Teachers.