About Movement Dialect – "Double Identity" Cues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

* The following was posted on Sam Brenneman's facebook page “FatChance BellyDance”, and some ladies suggested I post it here to keep discussing about it… Since I don't know how to move the whole thread, I'm writing my original post only, so you can see the responses there, and/or contribute here, if you want:About Movement Dialect: I just read Carolena's latest blog, and watched the new cue created by FCBD for the Egyptian Sevillana (looking left on count 1), and realized it's the same cue used by Tamarind in a step they created called the Rebel Egyptian, which happens in a diagonal...I understand MD is particular to each troupe, and other troupes can adopt someone else's steps or combination if they want... The thing is I think in this case the same cue makes sense for both, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable doing the same cue with different meanings according to the formation... I guess something like this (same cue, different meanings) was bound to happen eventually in the creative space of MD... Thoughts?You can see it happening in these videos:Tamarind Rebel Egyptian (min 1:47)http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=YposT_GwtIUNew Sevillanas Shell Gamehttp://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=J47ToNYhTPk

Anonymous

Hey Clara, possibly right, that sooner or later will be similar or same cues for moves…. but since this first Sevilliani cup formation, Carolena has updated (see her blog)  cue for the Sevilliani is a turn of head to left (thats the Sevilliani step cue) but the cue to get into the set up for cup formation is the lead turning inward after first Sevilliani turn….least thats how see it.  Maybe discuss prior to performance….but always the chance cue could be misread

Anonymous

Because of that, it is important to distinguish the proper alphabet ATS and Dialectic Movement. In time, it will be more Dialect Movement and the possibility of misunderstanding.

Anonymous

Because of that, it is important to distinguish the proper alphabet ATS and Dialectic Movement. In time, it will be more Dialect Movement and the possibility of misunderstanding.

Agreed! All your dancers absolutely need to know what everyone knows and what is just for your troupe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘ATS® GS/TT’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.