alternating shimmy with level change

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi there,I have a question regarding a movement that is not offcial ATS (r) vocabulary, but sometimes I see it with FatChance dancers 🙂It's a slow alternationg hip shimmy to go down (it might be a slow alternating down shimmy) on 4 or 8 cts with a fast alternating up shimmy on 4 or 8cts to come back up again.Could somebody break this step down for me, please? Is there a cue or do have to discuss this ahead that ou might do this step in a set?Thanks so much!Gudrun

Anonymous

It's just a half time alternating hip in a level. Not really a full 3/4 shimmy. It is often paired with shoulder shimmies in levels. There is no cue, but there aren't that many fast moves we do in levels, aside from a shoulder shimmy.It isn't something we use often, I think it's kind of falling out of fashion.

Anonymous

Thank you, Wendy.I still need to clarify: the version I have in mind - half time alternating shimmy to go down, fast alternating shimmy to come back up again - is not a fix combination but something you might discuss in advance, so people don't mix it up with the version with the shoulder shimmy?

Anonymous

I still use it on occasion and I know I tend to expect it from Anita.  😉There's no set combo on this.  It can go down as one mode and come up another.  Say, full time alternating to go down and double time to come up.  Or, shoulder shimmy going down and alt. hips to come up.  No cue.  Just go to watch the lead.  No need to discuss it ahead of time, unless you can't do levels and don't want to do them.

Anonymous

Great, thank you Sandi!

Anonymous

Hi Gudrun!  This is one of my favorite steps!  I rise up to the balls of the feet right on 1, with the right hip rising on the 1, and then descend for 8 with an alternating hip (right hip is up on odd numbers).  On the way up, I alternate the hips double time.  I have heard it called 'Alternating Hips with Level'.  Remind me to show you when I see you in July!  Anita

Anonymous

Thank you Anita! Looking forward to seeing you 🙂

Anonymous

I would like to clarify what zill pattern should we use while doing alt.shimmy?

Anonymous

Standard RLR pattern.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.