another Bessie skirt question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is the Bessie skirt intended for dance performance?  If so, do you wear it with leggings or bare legs? It doesn't look as though it would work with pantaloons.Thanks 

Anonymous

I bought my Bessie skirt on Friday at Cues, wore my Bessie top and skirt to the instructors show and also wore my skirt to the workshops.  I didn't wear leggings and it was Great to dance in. The skirt is beautiful and very flattering. If you are teaching a class and have the skirt buttoned up to show your foot position, it depends on your personal preference if you want to wear leggings or not. Personally, I wouldn't wear leggings. 🙂

Anonymous

I like to wear short, lightweight leggings (capri/knee-length) under my Bessie most of the time.  This isn't so much for modesty as it is to prevent thigh rub!  ;D  I do something similar with most skirts / dresses.FCBD and Tessera have both performed in our Bessie skirts.  It's definitely a sleeker look, and I'd suggest you consider the skirt as part of an overall presentation -- that is, you might want to keep the hair more minimal too, and the tops, and choose music that feels more modern.  I also like it for just walking around in!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Costuming’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.