Appropriate or not

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hey dancers, I have a question about performing ATS® moves to modern music and wearing melos and short hoodies, no skirts and looking very fusion. I was at a venue recently where there were two groups dancing ATS movements and they were not in ATS like costume or using ATS music. It was the most horrible thing I have every witnesses. Not that I am a snob but isn't ATS the whole package, costume, music and movements? Anyone else experienced this and what were your thoughts? BTW, the music was the hard rock.  😮

Anonymous

Happens all the time.  While the fusion costume doesn't enhance the look of ATS, I'm glad that fusionistas can appreciate and pull out the ATS when necessary.  With the influence of Unmata in ITS, you will hear rock more often.  It works for them, but doesn't always translate elsewhere.  Was the dancing good?

Anonymous

Interestingly, I feel similarly about the use of skirts as held props in ATS-influenced groups. The swishy styling, for me, almost always takes away from the elegance, and feels like it's just using the skirt “because you can.” Then again, I've also seen really lovely skirt work that enhances the body movement and lines. It's not what I think of when I think ATS, but as long as the dancing is skillful and I'm entertained, I'm happy.Also, like Sandi, I'm super happy when fusionistas can pull off ATS! Its a (sadly) rare occurrence.

Anonymous

I love the whole package of ATS with the costuming, the music and the movements, but I also love all those ingredients all by themselves.  😉 It's in the nature of art that people experiment with the ingredients. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I must admit though that I would prefer dancers dancing ATS in different clothes over dancers being dressed up in ATS regalia but unable to pull out even a single ATS move. 😉

Anonymous

For me, ATS is all, costuming and music. If fusiondancers use ATS-movements, it`s ok, if it`s good work. But I don`t prefer this…I must say, sometimes we use popmusic too, but this depends on the public and the event. When we dance on a great ball we use this for encore after dancing to ATS-music.To show another part of the dance...Martina

Anonymous

To answer Sandi's question, no, the dancing was not good.  In fact, it was terrible.  Another reason I wanted to run screaming from the building!  ;D

Anonymous

Well, there's not much you can do about bad technique.  Let them have their learning experience.  One can hope that if they see video of themselves, they'll make appropriate adjustments.  Maybe they're still newbies.  Anyway, we all have those moments where we think we're so cool and come to realize later that we were awkward at best.

Anonymous

I know it may be a stupid question but ….I don`t understand the word “newbe”, what does it mean??

Anonymous

hey karin,i think the meaning is "new in the forum" 🙂

Anonymous

Yes, I think that is right.  I don't know why we have it there, but I think it all depends on how long we've been on the forum.  At some point it might switch to something else (you see how much I know!) and any newer registrants will get the “newbie” label.  I think in the long run, it'll help us know who to help give guidance to, as far as the forum is concerned.

Anonymous

Thank you other Newbies!!

Anonymous

Yes, I think that is right.  I don't know why we have it there, but I think it all depends on how long we've been on the forum.  At some point it might switch to something else (you see how much I know!) and any newer registrants will get the "newbie" label.  I think in the long run, it'll help us know who to help give guidance to, as far as the forum is concerned.

Don't want to derail the thread, but in every other forum I've been on your rank is based on your number of posts.  Normally, newbie is from like 0-50 posts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.