Arabic 1-2-3 half turns

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Is the turn done on the one (or even on the and-one) so you can move forward on the two before the drops, or does the turn take two counts and then the drops happen where you stand? Please let me know if my words make no sense. I might be able to rephrase when it's not Monday.

Anonymous

Turn takes two counts and the drops happen where you stand.

Anonymous

The Arabic 123 is an 8 count movement, where you can turn on the first 4 counts that are Arabic steps, then do the drops in place for the second 4 counts.  But, I would say that the bulk of the turns do happen on the first 2 counts.  Keep in mind that they don't have to just be half turns.  If someone in the group decides to stop it at the left back corner, it is turned 3 times (similar to Torso Twists).  Most likely done in trios or quartets.  Just have to keep an eye out!  🙂

Anonymous

I don't think I've ever seen it done in 3rds! That has just blown my mind, Sandi!

Anonymous

I haven't seen it in about a decade and a half, myself, but it is an option, as far as I know.  Any move that can be walked or pivoted around is in the “flock of birds” realm.  Follow who is in front of you.  It also falls in line with taking the lead from the opposite side, as with a two- or multi-sided audiences.  Never assume anything with those.  Only turns with flourishes or set half turns that flip on one count, you always do the set that's called for.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Technique’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.