Arabic Hip Twist 1/2 turn confusion

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Rita on tribe.net.We are having some confusion/controversy on the arabic hip twist 1/2 turn. Does the first part of the turn go from the performance angle to the Left Front Corner of our "box" then 1/2 turns (180s) from there, or does it go from the performance angle to the L side of the box, but if so, then to where?? When Carolena says a "1/4 turn" for the first part of a turn, what is meant by that? We know you can clarify this for us. Thanks!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.its a quarter turn to face the left side of your box. then the half turns go from the left to the right.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Rita on tribe.net.Sorry, I am still not visualizing it.... Since the lower part of the body is at performance angle and the upper part is facing more toward the front, then is the lower part facing the left side of the box and thus the upper body more to the R front corner on the initial 1/4 turn?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.The head and upper body faces the left wall then the hips follow through like normal.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Joan Marie on tribe.net.I, too, am having a bit of confusion over this move. I am very visual, so I will need to break it down more to get the complete picture. My visual uses a a clock on the floor so I start at performance angle with hips and feet pointing 11:00 and upper body facing 12:00. On the 1, slight turn of head to left, on 3-4 make a 1/4 turn to the left side plane and end with hips and feet pointing 8:00 and upper body facing 9:00. Start move, on 3-4 make 1/2 turn to left to the right side plane and end with hips and feet pointing at 2:00 and upper body facing 3:00. At this point, I can do another 1/2 turn to the left and end at 8:00 and 9:00 or do another 1/4 turn and end back at 12:00 and 11:00.br/br/I hope this is not confusing but it is the placement of the feet and the upper body after the turn that is confusing.br/br/Thanks a bunch! Joan

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.Joan - yes, this makes sense to me, and yes, this is correct. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘ATS® GS/TT’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.