Arc Arms Confusion

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Misha on tribe.net.Im hoping someone can help out! I am trying to determine the name of a move that I *thought* was called "arc arms." But, when I researched it in my FCBD DVD library of love, Arc Arms is (I think) done with a combo that involves hip bumps, traveling a bit, and a turn. So I tried to look it up on line and came across this video which is what I remember:br/br/a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Af9wyRMtM title=www.youtube.com/watchwww.youtube.com/watch/abr/br/Now Im really confused because this is what I remember learning. Can anyone clarify if the movement in the video above is a legit ATS move and, if so, what the name of it might be? Please help! And lots of love in advance.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Tonje on tribe.net.This is not arc arms. It looks like a floreo/slow arm drill.br/br/Arc arms is the pivot bump turn that you are describing.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.I second that. I know this move in the video as arm sweeps, with floreos, used with slow music.br/br/Ive seen a couple of these videos a while ago, and personally I would not recommend them as reference for ATS moves, because Ive got the impression that some of those moves arent entirely done correctly (posture, body angle, etc.). They often look to me more like they were stylized for fusion.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Misha on tribe.net.Thanks everyone! I honestly cannot remember where I learned it (not from those videos), but when I searched for it thats what popped up and I was terribly confused. I really appreciate you all chiming in. And, yeah, I agree w the comments on the videos - Ive found a few things that were not quite accurate in there for true ATS style 😉

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.yeah, thats not arc arms. thats just arms with floreos. I left a comment on the video, too.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Margaret on tribe.net.BTW, I think the traveling component to Arc Arms is optional.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Margaret on tribe.net.I think shes already changed the text and title to reflect that.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Serta is a fusion dancer from Spain, but has taken many classes with us when she was here for several months. Shes done pretty well, from what I remember, but she does not primarily focus on ATS, so just keep that in mind. Im not sure why shes posting ATS videos. Maybe for practice.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.Or maybe just for spreading the word about this dance form. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by plyasunya on tribe.net.Please! I need help with the arms! Is that right that now arc arms is performed with the left arm comming from above the head and the right arm coming from the hip level, not staying at the shoulder hight?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.No, the arms are still, left arm up and right arm at shoulder level - arm position #1, to start the Arc Arm Turn.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.