Arms while spinning

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Melanie on tribe.net.I apologize if this was recently posted. I try to use my tribe.net search, and it always signs me out!br/br/Any way, when doing spins, how does one know how to hold the arms - either in "second position" or right arm raised ? I watch the videos, and I cant seem to get the cue! The spins I see come out of egyptians, egyptian half - turns, turning reshamka, and hip bump when facing your partner. br/br/Thank you all for your help and inspiration!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Valizan on tribe.net.Heya Melanie!br/br/Try this one: a href=http://ats.tribe.net/thread/0b39db8b-48c1-4087-a8cb-946a8b1d4dac title=ats.tribe.net/thread/0b39...946a8b1d4dacats.tribe.net/thread/0b39...946a8b1d4dac/abr/br/I asked Carolena during one of my visits west and this was what she told me. I dont know if it is a hard and fast rule, but it works and makes sense to me. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.The rule of any follower is to follow the leader.br/br/Once we see the cue for spins, we immediately assess the space were dancing in and possibly anticipate the arm position, but that isnt going to always be what happens. As we turn we can see for a split second what the leader is doing and we adjust.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.tight space = right arm up. br/no cue, you get to the point where you can catch it as you start your first spin, if not, it doesnt matter, catch it as soon as you see it. The only time I always use right arm up is during the Reshamka into calibrated spins, because it just makes sense and compliments the shape of the whole combo.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Melanie on tribe.net.Thank you so much! I cant wait to see you both in August at Tribal Union!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Melanie on tribe.net.I cant wait to see you all!br/Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.