Assistant Directors

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Do any of you have an Assistant Director to your troupe?  If so, what kinds of things do they help you manage?  How are they compensated?  I am getting to busy that I am feeling like I need some help but I'm not sure how to go about that.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Anonymous

I have an assistant director for the troupe and she also subs my classes if I am out of town.  We divide the labor based on our skill sets.  For instance, I absolutely HATE to compile music for performances and don't love creating line ups either.  She does that for me.  She runs the troupe rehearsals if I am not there and is in charge of events/performances if I am out of town.  It is a volunteer position except for the teaching.  I pay her to teach.  She is compensated the same as everyone else when we perform.  We use a point system for numbers of performances, featured dancer spots, etc. to pay all of the dancers.  When I book parties, I charge 20% of the booking and she (or the other dancers) keep the rest.

Anonymous

We operate almost exactly how Teri described. Donna teaches Level One and I pay her for that. We have percentages defined in our troupe operation manual that tells who gets paid what for gigs. Donna gets paid to teach and that's all. Everything else is the work of love and for the troupe to grow. SO far so good.

Anonymous

I have an assistant director.  I have so much on my plate that I needed a clone. She was very excited and honored to be chosen for this role and it took years of debating who I could trust for this and who was responsible enough. So far, it was a great idea. She has brilliant ideas and helps direct the events and showcases when I'm unavailable to. She helps out so much. If tou have trust and open communication it isn't a bad idea if you wear to many hats to wear at once.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.