ATS costuming question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Annie on tribe.net.Hi all,br/My troupe lives in the NC mountains and the weather is very perfect for full-on ATS costuming: cold in the winter and cool in the summers.br/However, we sometimes perform down the mountain and its CRAZY-hot and oh, so humid.br/br/Of course, were madly in love with the ATS "look", but what have you done to pare down your costuming for insanely hot weather?br/Are there rules?br/br/Thanks for any suggestions!! (We nearly died yesterday evening at a performance near Charlotte.)br/br/Annie

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.One of the things I do is wear silk pantaloons and a silk skirt. Very light and airy.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Vicky on tribe.net.Heres how I try to beat the muggy, scorching St. Louis summers (118 degree heat index, anyone?): br/br/I wear my gauze pantaloons and only put on 1 lightweight skirt. If you want to be a little cooler yet, tuck the skirt up so the pantaloons are showing in the front. You might even be a little cooler with harem pants rather than full-blown pantaloons (1 yard per leg, rather than 2 = less fabric on you!). Short sleeved cholis, though some have skipped the choli and just worn the bra. Im too prone to wardrobe malfunctions for that, though, lol! No turban, and keep your hair in an updo. Wear sandals if you can. And drink LOTS of water, before, during, and after the performance. Its really good if you can find a shady spot to perform, too.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Friga on tribe.net.In crazy heat, I like to wear harem pants that are slit up the sides. Gives a little breeze.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.