ATS skirts and ironing

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello all!I saw some dancers skirt not being so puffy even with pantaloons underneath. My skirt is really puffy (regardless pantallons underneath) so it's hard for me to put my scarf and belt on without looking like I have pillow attached to my but. And beacuase it's so puffy, my belt tend to slither from my hips up and it's all loosen up. So, I was wondering if you iron your skirt to make it little bit more flatter, to make it fall better ... don't know who to explain it, hope you understand.Thx and cheers!Petra

Anonymous

Hehe I washed, drip dried and ironed a skirt once …….. took hours!!  The 25 yard end just kept coming, and coming …… round and round the ironing board!  Saying that though, I did find it made the material flatter.

Anonymous

Thx Kay! I'll go on a quest of ironing this weekend, maybe I'll get new level  😉

Anonymous

Petra the good quality 25 yard skirts dont have a lot of fabric around the hip area ie they fit snugly on the hips.  Pantaloons should have a yoke which fits snugly on hips too.  The gathering or pleating happens at the bottom of the yoke on pantaloons around about the top of your leg.  I also find that pleating is much more flattering than gathering the pantaloons. 

Anonymous

Madonna, thank you for your reply. I bought my skirt on eBay and it doesn't look different from skirts I saw in some tribal online shops so I assume it is quality or maybe I got fooled 😛

Anonymous

Petra, is it a tiered skirt? I agree with Madonna, they shouldn't be hugely bulky around your hips. And they really shouldn't get in the way of you getting your belt tight enough to hold! (although some safety pins can help hold everything together).

Anonymous

I never iron my 25 yard skirts!!!…I twist them from the waistband to the hem when wet, then unravel it to dry naturally. The creases make the skirt hang closer to the body. However this depends on the fabric as I would only every buy them in a light cotton fabric..I also pack them twisted and squashed into a plastic bag when travelling!!….Come on ladies, who wants to do ironing unecessarily?..lol…  😉

Anonymous

I only ironed the one once in the hope to stretch it (bit short and crumpled at the bottom) …….. never again mind!  Sold it in the end 😉Think Petra wants to only iron it to see if it softens her skirt material.

Anonymous

I only ironed the one once in the hope to stretch it (bit short and crumpled at the bottom) ........ never again mind!  Sold it in the end 😉Think Petra wants to only iron it to see if it softens her skirt material.

You are right Kay 🙂

Anonymous

Petra, is it a tiered skirt? I agree with Madonna, they shouldn't be hugely bulky around your hips. And they really shouldn't get in the way of you getting your belt tight enough to hold! (although some safety pins can help hold everything together).

Alicia, skirt is tiered - 4 tier skirt and it's make out of indian cotton - cotton gauze, so it's pretty soft. I ironed the first tier (one on the hips) and it's a bit better, now just to find perfect way of tucking it and it will be great 🙂 I'll try the safety pin advice 😉

Anonymous

I do the exact same thing as Christine. Twisting it helps to hold it's shape, keeps it flat and easy to store. It also prevents it from possibly stretching. I also find that they become less poofy once they have been washed at least once, but a good ATS skirt should fit flat at the hips.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.