ATS vs whatever question again….

This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by icy on tribe.net.Okay...was hoping this was a dead subject but...br/I need to know if I am correct or incorrect in my interpretation.br/Based on what I have always understood ATS to mean is...br/What FCBD/Carolena created via overall ATS format, approved FCBD.ATS moves, and approved/appropriate costuming for ATS performances qualifies to be called ATS. Simply, if FCBD is dancing it and is dressed in it - then it is a thumbs up to be called ATS. And to teach ATS, it needs to be the rudimentary moves and understanding of the FCBD vocabulary and method of teaching.br/Anything outside that would then qualify for a multitude of other names ITS, SGI, Group Improv, etc. Especially in a performance venue.br/br/Am I correct in this? I want to really be sure I have it right. br/br/Since this statement has recently come up, and I could have sworn that any moves not approved by Carolena meant it was not ATS...br/"ATS **** ****: hmmm.....I have created many new steps for ATS. But I still call what I do ATS because its within the format." br/(non Sister Studio instructor)br/br/Correct? Incorrect?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.I would say... Incorrect. I think that person needs to define what the word format means to them. My definition of format does not include making up moves and using them for the long term without Carolenas approval.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.Oh wait... I meant I think the last statement by that person is Incorrect, not that you are incorrect.br/Gaaa!br/br/Sorry!

Anonymous

Originally posted by icy on tribe.net.Thanks Carrie LOL...I understood you.br/br/I want to say in my efforts to keep it simple in the explanation and question I might have come off a bit confusing. (I am confused a wee bit and I wrote it)br/br/So....do you see that statement at the end of my original post from the ATS **** ***** as correct or incorrect? br/br/Summary: Using their own moves (being taught and in a performance) qualifies them as ATS because it falls within "ATS format"?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.If it hasnt been approved by the big C, its not ATS.

Anonymous

Originally posted by icy on tribe.net.THANK YOU...that is how I understood it, but I didnt wanna open my yap wrong, so the big double check.:)

Anonymous

Originally posted by Tonje on tribe.net.The other question is, what will you accomplish by calling her (and I think I know who you are referring to) out on it?br/br/I believe people who really care about ATS already have an opinion and can tell the difference, and the GP doesnt usually see what the fuss is about. It burns my butt too, but I think more often than not over time offending parties demonstrate their own stupidity loud and clear!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Tonjes right. I doubt youll get the response you are looking for if you do call her out. And if she already knows what shes doing, chances are, it wont stop her. br/

Anonymous

Originally posted by icy on tribe.net.Thanks...most of it was I wanted to double ensure my own head/heart etc. I tend to do that....br/br/And it isnt so much about "calling someone out" honestly or to elicit a response. br/br/I just dont ever what to misquote, misrepresent, etc. br/br/

Anonymous

Originally posted by Leslie Jean-Jellybean aka: Miss Boo on tribe.net."If it hasnt been approved by the big C, its not ATS."br/br/And thats exactly the direct answer I was hoping to see. Thank you so much, Wendy.br/br/So... then a move not approved by Carolena = ITS or fusion, yeah?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Leslie Jean-Jellybean aka: Miss Boo on tribe.net.Tonje is totally right. Calling people out ... is really not a good idea. Its actually kind of tacky and a bit snobby (or so I feel). Ive had talks with people and have asked them about what they have "going on" ... and let them tell me what they wanted to tell me. Then left it. If theyve asked me about my opinion on it (what is ATS, etc), Ive left it alone... stone cold... more than once. Its just not my thing to correct them, or say/do something that will discourage them. If they were taking classes with me, and we were in that kind of environment, Id consider mentioning something -- if I was given the right chance. But thats about it for me.br/br/Now... if I was paying someone to teach me ATS, and was being taught moves I knew were NOT ATS, I would say something. Student to teacher. Been there... done that. Its tough, but money doesnt grow on trees, and I wanted what I was paying for. I dont consider that "calling someone out" ... not when youre a paying consumer.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.I guessso.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Leslie Jean-Jellybean aka: Miss Boo on tribe.net.🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.