Baskets, Swords and veils

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

If I want to stay true to ATS, can I incorporate veils into the repertoire?  I know that the sword and basket can be done without modifing the steps but I need some insight on the veils.  There are very few ATS-ers out my way.  Any advice would be great!  And this forum is fantastic!!

Anonymous

Amisha,We have used veils in the past, but found that we had to simplify the costume and choreograph the dance. You can see it in SF Beledi.

Anonymous

Thank you Carolena, I just ordered the DVD…and more music…and a few coins.  Hard to resist! 

Anonymous

Hi!We are looking for some nice big baskets in our troupe, like the ones you (FCBD) use and that I have seen in Devotion. Would you mind sharing where you found them? Thank you!Virginia

Anonymous

Virginia,We used to have a supplier that got the baskets from Ghana. They are no longer importing them and we need a new source. Please let us know if you find one!

Anonymous

Carolena,We bought baskets at Badia Design, Inc in North Hollywood, CA.  They have a facebook page.

Anonymous

Lucy,Are these the style baskets you purchased from Badia Design: http://www.badiadesign.com/2-piece-handmade-tajine-styled-basket-hd116/I have also been looking for a new supplier for a long time.Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.