Belly Roll and Flutter in group improv

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Belly Roll and Flutter seem to be so little used in ATS. I'm wondering if FatChance does use these moves in group improv, and if so, how? Thanks for any info!

Anonymous

I've seen Carolena do them in solos, I don't think I've ever seen them done in a group.

Anonymous

We don't do them in group improv because they are exceedingly difficult to cue & stay in sync. They're great for solos, though.

Anonymous

Thanks, ladies, for your replies. Solos for sure. Might be fun to choreograph some belly work into a group piece sometime. 

Anonymous

I saw one troupe who had a cue of facing inward in taxeem, stilling the hips, then bringing the arms down very, very slowly to hip level, and then hitting belly rolls.  It looked great from profile in a duet.  I can't imagine how I would cue the roll, its direction (up to down or down to up), and its duration if I weren't facing inward where I could see my partners.

Anonymous

We've worked so hard on fluttering that we've added it to the one arm floreo sweep flourish that is used at the end of Barrel Turn and Wrap Around Turn.  🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Technique’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.