Bessie Skirt…ways to tuck/wrap/button?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I just got my Bessie Skirt in the mail, yeehaw!  Now, how to use those different buttons and loops…does anyone have any tutorials, pics, or descriptions of different ways to wear it? Also, are the buttons on the front of the waist supposed to be spaced evenly?  I thought they were, but one of mine is near my hip, and the other (on the left) is closer to my belly button (if I move the skirt so they sit evenly then the lines of the skirt are off on my body).  Thank you, ladies!

Anonymous

I don't have one, but maybe Kae will make a “Go Bess Yourself” video like she did with the “Go Tuck Yourself” 😉

Anonymous

Mine definitely has a button on the front of each hip and one center back.

Anonymous

Carrie, that would be awesome!!!  Oh Kae… 😉Diana, thank you. I was thinking that the one must've been sewn in the wrong place (a little disappointing for such an expensive garment), so I'll just take it off and put it where it belongs!

Anonymous

Carolena and Kathleen Crowley are going to be taking pics and showing everyone how to wrap very soon!

Anonymous

hi.  I just received my Bessie skirt too.  It fits awesome!The two buttons go in the front.  When you hold it up, it seems that there is a little fullness to the back where the booty goes. I recently wore mine to a concert, and pulled the back left loop around to the front left button into a nice 'lift' on the one side.  Then dropped it down when I got inside.  I feel quite feminine and beautiful in it.  🙂

Anonymous

This morning I hopped out of bed and decided it was a Bessie day. I pulled the waistband up over my ladies and now am wearing a Bessie dress. The front buttons fall at my natural waist line and the skirt is now a cute retro tube top dress. At GS in St. Louis, Carolena did a great Bessie tutorial and I discovered another way to wrap it that she hadn't seen before. I think a Bessie skirt fanpage would be fun- so we could share how we wear our Bessies and add to the creativity. Enthusiasts are bound to discover new ways to wear it. I wear mine everywhere, especially when I'm traveling. I like feeling glamorous while boarding a plane or hailing a cab.

Anonymous

:'( I order my Bessie Skirt and it is a little too long.  Can it be fixed without damaging the beautiful fall of the skirt?.  I don't believe I took the measure wrong :-[Any suggestions are welcome, except growing taller I can't do that.  LOL

Anonymous

Hi All,So happy to see a discussion about the Bessies! I think a Fan Page would be great. I'll set that up. I'd love to see photos of all of you in your finery.Kathleen and I are working on a pictorial to show all the ways to wrap it. But I'm sure you'll come up with even more!Noelle, the buttons aren't perfectly spaced, we just eyeball it..but maybe my eyeballs were crossed when I sewed yours on! I'm happy to reposition for you, but that would mean sending it back. Can I offer you a discount on your next catalog purchase? Let me know, I'm happy to do it. FYI, we have matching Bessie vests now, too..they will be up soon. You can see the Assuit Tunics and Plait Wraps here http://catalog.fcbd.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=167&zenid=babd1b69f78866216db3adc8ec39ed53Diana, the length can be a bit of a surprise. Before we cut it for you, let me explain that it is shorter at the center front, a bit longer at the sides, and has a "train" in the back. Mine drags on the floor in the most elegant way. I just hitch it up with one of the loops and buttons when I walk in the street. Send me a pic if this isn't working for you and we'll figure something out: fcbd@fcbd.com

Anonymous

Thank you Carolena,I send the pictures, but I think for what you explain the length is the correct one then because YES! 🙂 at the back,  it drags on the floor. Anyway once you see the pics let me know for sure.  And thank you again for taking the time. <3

Anonymous

Hi Diana, looking forward to seeing the photos!For everyone, we are setting up a Studio SF: Bessie FaceBook page...get ready to share your photos and ideas! We'll let you know as soon as it's up.

Anonymous

Good news on the FB page! Thanks Carolena. Also,I wanted to say that I've enjoyed using the buttons to secure crocheted hip scarves. This leaves a more streamlined profile as then I don't have to tie the scarf. It works and looks great!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Costuming’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.