Call for Dancers-Rakkasah 2015

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi, BDBD-It's time for Rakkasah, 2015!  This year's festival will be held March 13,14,15.  The call-in date is Sunday, January 11, 2015. Troupes of 4 or more dancers will be allowed a 15 min. set.  Please reply if you want to dance!

Anonymous

Keep in mind that the call – in falls on the last day of Homecoming!

Anonymous

I'll be happy to help with the call-in.  I'd like to dance too, but can't commit that far in advance.  Please put me down as “maybe.”

Anonymous

I can't commit to helping with call in but I believe I should be available that weekend to perform.

Anonymous

I think it's worth mentioning that – in the past – the ones who perform are the ones to call in. It's not a rule....but strongly suggested out of courtesy to your fellow dancers.

Anonymous

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know. I can try to call in in that case. Are there instructions posted somewhere as to what the protocol is for it?

Anonymous

Yes, can someone explain what call-in is vs. signing up for Rakkasah? I would like to do this, but it's far in advance for me to take time off from work. Will we have to attend all three days? Thanks!

Anonymous

In order to get a spot to dance, we have to call in on that Sunday.  It's pretty chaotic, calling until they answer and assign us a time and a place to dance (there are two stages, one-the main stage in the auditorium, and the other in the so-called cabaret room.  It's smaller and much more intimate a space.  When we get a spot it will be on one of the days, and that would be the only day we would be required to attend.  Sometimes, if a particular trope or a friend is dancing on another day, I have gone as a spectator.

Anonymous

Helen, you don't need to attend all three days of Rakkassah or even sign up for workshops in order to perform.To add to Jennifer's post, in the past (not sure how it was done last year), the call-in has been organized as a "phone bank" where people were assigned to a time slot for calling.  In other words, you won't need to be on the phone all day and you can do it remotely from wherever you are.The group will decide ahead of time what the preferences for performance day, time, and stage will be, as well as back up options.  During your time slot, you will then call the call-in number over and over until someone gets through to a person (you could also download a redialing app for your phone if you're so inclined).  A crazy and antiquated system, but it is what it is.

Anonymous

Thanks Jennifer and Sofia! Ok, tell me if I got this right: so if you plan to dance, you have to call-in on that date (Jan. 11) until you get through to a human and they will give you more information? Each individual dancer who is planning to dance will have to call-in? Thanks! 🙂

Anonymous

We generally do it by splitting up the time, so that one person doesn't have to keep calling for hours. When one person gets through and secures a time to dance, we call each other to notify all of success.  It's not mandatory to call if you want to dance, but, since a group is dancing, we share in the pain in this fashion. If, for some reason, you can't call, the other dancers will take up the slack.

Anonymous

Thanks Jennifer for organizing call in!It will be the perfect opportunity to wear Headdress, right Carolena?I’m available to do call in till 2:30pm when I start to help FCBD booth on Sunday.  And yes I’d like to perform with you all  😀

Anonymous

Just have to call until 1 person gets through and signs up on behalf of everyone in BDBD.

Anonymous

I am happy to help call in ; )

Anonymous

Yes! Headdresses are a great idea  Michiyo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘BlueDiamondsBellyDance’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.