Certification with painful knees!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Greetings, all!I am very excited to attend GS, TT and BATS this August!  I am concerned, though as the arthritis in my knees has become quite cranky with this sub zero temps and probably my age, a bit (I'll be 53 in May), though I hate to admit it.  Level changes have become extremely painful for me in full squat mode. My question is, how much of the level changes are required in the GS?  I am currently using the FCBD videos (and I sell those in my studio after purchasing them from FCBD) so the students are learning level changes but I'm unable to demonstrate myself secondary to pain. I have built up my quads well so I can make slight level changes but not a full squat.  Is this something that will be problematic for certification classes?  Thank you in advance for your replies. 😀

Anonymous

It will not be a problem for GS! Certification is not via an assessment of your performance. I only worked out a way that levels can work for my body this year and I don't think Carolena batted an eyelash when I could only get about half way down when I did GS! (the workaround for my body – I bring my left foot forward instead of my right, because my left knee is much stronger. It occasionally looks a bit awkward for shoulder shimmy combo with a level, but is usually hidden by skirts).

Anonymous

Thank you, Alicia.  I do that as well for the Puja.  My right knee is very weak as I have had surgery on it and it is missing a tendon.  It is good to know that I can make a slight level change and have it still be acceptable for the certification.

Anonymous

Joan, The floorwork and level changes were Optional when I took my GS and TT. You work with how your body lets you work. As long as you can EXPLAIN it to dancers that you are teaching (for TT we have to teach a few moves) then it's ok, but Again, floorwork is Optional.Good luck!  You're going to have so much fun!!!

Anonymous

Thank you, Ady!  What a relief.  I am able to explain it.  Thanks so much for your support! 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.