Choo choo and Egyptian

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Joan Marie on tribe.net.I have a question on a basic transition.br/br/After choo chooing forward, we use an egyptian to get back. The question I have is do you need to do a hip bump either to the left of to the right to get back into performance angle and then egyptian back or can you just go from a choo choo into an egyptian. I have been taught both ways and would like to know which is correct or if both of them are correct.br/br/Thanks. Joan

Anonymous

Originally posted by Christine (Akula Tribal) Tillett on tribe.net.Hi Joan,br/br/You know thats an interesting one because when we choo choo forward we usually finish with arc arms. I dont think Ive ever (or very rarely) come back with an egyptian mainly because the 2 moves dont seem to flow naturally for me. I think a lot of times we use an arabic back because I like the plunge down through the centre and its an easy one to get back with with no change of body angle...*tries them both out*...Yep definitely finding the arabic more comfortable to travel back on!...br/br/Sorry I know that doesnt answer your question, but it gave me a great excuse to dance around my living room!..lol.. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Joan Marie on tribe.net.Hi Chris,br/br/Thanks for your response. The info is more for teaching my students. They learn both the choo choo and egyptian in L1. Arc arms in L2. br/br/Glad I gave you an excuse to dance! 🙂 jms

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.you can just go from choo choo into egyptian. 😉

Anonymous

Originally posted by Joan Marie on tribe.net.Thanks Carrie. I was recently at a workshop with FCBD and Carolena and they taught the choo choo and egyptian with a turn to either the right or left after the choo choo and before the egyptian. I had some students there and that instruction raised this question. So if it really does not matter, than I will let them know it can be either way, but Carolena left the impression is was not optional which is why I am looking for clarification. jms

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.it doesnt matter which way you go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.