Choo Choo angle

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello all, excuse me for coming off like a total ignoramus but I'm confused on the proper performance angle for performing choo choo.Normally I stand in a sharp angle where I'm facing the left wall but looking forward.  In arm position 1, the right arm is pointing directly at the audience.I was recently working on push forward and back and found it is very difficult to really see the move is coming as it could be taken for a ccw pivot bump.  I was just reading another thread about going from arc arms to chico and the problems some may have in seeing that move.So the question is: Is the correct choo choo performance angle as I described above or is it actually in a regular performance angle with the right arm pointed more towards 1:00ish?  If so, the body position change cuing push forward/back would be very easy to see.  But it would probably make transitioning into chico more difficult.As always, your clarifications are much appreciated.Zina

Anonymous

Choo-chooing forward, as in an Arc Arms Turn, would be done as you describe, Jenny, perpendicular to the front plane.

Anonymous

Thanks, Wendy.Zina

Anonymous

For the PFPB, what helps in cuing it is stepping into/putting weight onto the right leg on the “one”, rather than just bumping with the hip.  I've noticed Devi doing this on the first 4 counts on some videos. 

Anonymous

Choo-chooing forward, as in an Arc Arms Turn, would be done as you describe, Jenny, perpendicular to the front plane.

So, hips to hard left with shoulders torqued to the front?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.