Chorus?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ziah on tribe.net.I have noticed that fewer and fewer troupes are using what I guess would be termed a good ole fashioned FCBD chorus any longer...I even only see it rarely in FCBD performances. Has this gone by the wayside? is this still taught as a standard tool in everyones weekly classes? It has been a few years since my GS workshop and it was still be used then.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.It is still a part of ATS. We use and teach chorus all the time. The performances you see on YouTube may only have a few of us, so less people for chorus, or you may see us plan a special chorus, depending on the event/stage/our presentation. Perhaps the videographer is only focusing on the showcased dancers?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Vicky on tribe.net.For my troupe, at least, there are only 6 of us. If three or four are dancing, it doesnt leave many for a traditional chorus, and thats only if all of us can make it to a particular performance. Im sure there are others out there with "Small troupe syndrome," lol! We just got our student troupe to start performing, so were hoping to serve as each others choruses, though so far we havent had a performance at a place with a large enough stage for it yet. Someday! 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.We often have gigs where only 3 dancers will go. If there is a duet, the third dancer just stands off to one side and either does taxeem with arms at hips, or stands and plays zills, so as not to detract from the duet. Not every performance has to have a chorus. For bigger shows, yes, definitely, but for things like parties in homes, that would be overwhelming, if there was even space.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.