Circle Step & Torso Twist, Level 1 class

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Azadi on tribe.net.Just to confirm - these should be taught to include the stepping around to face other directions than front (1/3s).

Anonymous

Originally posted by icy on tribe.net.I always teach the turns in Level 1 so for me yes.

Anonymous

Originally posted by icy on tribe.net.you referring to change directions? I reserved the lead/direction change for Level 2 so not to confuse.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Yes, usually we teach those turns in L1. If the class as a whole isnt getting the basic move and time is running out, then we might not. That rarely happens.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Azadi on tribe.net.Ill give it a go then. I have not done it because I did not want to overwhelm anyone. If others can do it, I think my students can handle it too. Thanks!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Lucy on tribe.net.I have found these generally need a bit of extra work than the other Level 1 moves, but I do include the turns.br/br/Turning them puts the back row in charge so those who dont like leading and tend to try to hide as followers find it scary to suddenly be in charge of an angle with these two.br/br/Tonight in my Level 2 I did a thorough review of both as I felt they needed it, and by the end of it everyone was feeling much better. I think as they are taught towards the end of Level 1 you dont get as many weeks to use them, and people do seem to find them tough, its well worth spending a class reviewing just those two plus their turns. Even people who have done Level 1 to bits said it was well worth it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.