Circle step

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Irene on tribe.net.Im pretty confused about how circle step is being taught. I myself have taught it a couple of different ways...is the kidney bean or heart shape no longer used? I was told that in the last GS it was taught using the D analogy. I started teaching it as sort of D shapeand then changed it to heart shape and I hate to change it again. Id appreciate hearing how otheres are teaching it.br/Thanks!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Theyre all basically the same. The use for those analogies is to give the idea of not making a full circle, but going into center before going all the way round back. I use "kidney bean" and "heart" most of the time.

Anonymous

Originally posted by rhiannyn on tribe.net.heres a little giggle for you...br/i was teaching this on Monday, and my students and i are all encompassing type learners... we need to see it, hear it [have it explained] and have a diagram. SO.... out came the white board, i made a hefty dot to represent the dancer and then drew it..... bear in mind ive been emphasizing that when they move their body back off their centre to begin the move, it is not a *WOOO heres my booty sticking out* .... br/they said in unison, which made it even funnier, "oh ya, it looks like a bum!"br/br/:D

Anonymous

Originally posted by Irene on tribe.net.Thanks Sandi! Thats how I teach it -with the heart shape.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.