Costuming

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I'm looking for ideas and suggestions on how to attach the beaded medallions or Gulls as I've heard them called to our belts.Some are very fragile and the material backing is almost rotted.  My students, as well as myself, would appreciate any and all suggestions on what's worked for you.Many Thanks~

Anonymous

you can always re-back them with some felt…

Anonymous

Thanks Jesse.Do you then, pin or sew the gull to the belt?  Do you know of any other methods to attach them to the belt ?Thanks again  🙂

Anonymous

I normally sew mine right on… what kind of belt is it?You could create a loop out of fabric and slide it on. That way, they are interchangeable.

Anonymous

I sew a centered belt loop of grosgrain ribbon to a round of Ultrasuede the size of a Gul back, then use permanent fabric glue to attach that to the Gul.

Anonymous

For once you've rebacked them: I like to sew a safety pin to the back (I usually sew straight through between the beads, if the backing permits). That way I can attach them to belts, bras, headdresses, or whatever tickles my fancy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.