Dance Shoes

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

There was a post on Tribe a while back about dance shoes but I cant find it anymore.  I have enough issues with my feet now that I need to start wearing shoes most likely with orthotics when dancing so as to be able to continue doing what I love.  Any suggestions on good shoes for bellydance please?

Anonymous

Madonna, you're on both the Sister Studio and GS/TT boards.  Try doing searches there.  I found some topics in each one.I'm sure some more people will pipe up here about shoes.  It all depends on the surface you're dancing on.  At the FCBD studio, we have marley floors, which my feet stick to, so I wear socks or gymnast slippers, which don't have the stitching under the ball of the foot, but on the sides, so it's easier to turn.  You might try going to a dancer's supply shop that carries shoes and try some on.  They'll usually have a patch of dance floor to test them out on.  Good luck!

Anonymous

I wear these http://www.blochshop.co.uk/product/bloch-pulse-womens-jazz-shoes – probably not enough space for orthotics though!

Anonymous

Thanks Sandi and Alicia ;))

Anonymous

I usually wear ballet slippers, but gymnastic shoes with leather soles would do just as well. I'd avoid rubber soles though, since they make turns more difficult.For outdoor performances I still have to find a perfect solution for myself though.

Anonymous

I usually wear ballet slippers, but gymnastic shoes with leather soles would do just as well. I'd avoid rubber soles though, since they make turns more difficult.For outdoor performances I still have to find a perfect solution for myself though.

Hello Ursel, outside we wear "Bundschuhe" like this: http://www.ebay.de/itm/370636416824?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 :-*

Anonymous

Mmmm, nice! 8)I think I should send that link to my troupe mates, since we might dance outdoors a couple of times this summer ...  😉By the way, on what kind of surfaces have you tried these out so far? Are they okay for dancing on concrete (like on the street or pavements)? We also occasionally dance on a tiled floor. Ballet shoes work okay there, but it wears them out rather quickly.

Anonymous

Karin are they leather or canvas & what is the sole made of? Text is in German? And I don't understand it :/

Anonymous

They are made of suede, and the sole is made of rubber. 🙂

Anonymous

These are shoes they wear in the medieval scene. The original ones are pure leather but you can also get them with sole. But we prefer the ones without soles, because there ist more the barefoot feeling. But they are very robust, even on street paving.

Anonymous

Academy sports carries jazz shoes, which have a little more support than ballet slippers or the front-sole-only shoes that loop around the toes.The "bundschuhe" are beautiful....yet another thing I never knew existed that now I can't live without....does anybody know of an on-line supplier in the U.S.?  (I've tried searches on renaissance/medieval/LARP shoes)  I've danced outside wearing Croc brand mary janes, and canvas chinese-peasant shoes.  Both have rubber soles. 

Anonymous

On concrete, I use China flats (or other flexible flats with hard, thin soles), as most have a little traction, but are not too grippy.  Just be sure to find ones that buckle well and tight, so they don't slide off.

Anonymous

The "bundschuhe" are beautiful....yet another thing I never knew existed that now I can't live without....does anybody know of an on-line supplier in the U.S.?  (I've tried searches on renaissance/medieval/LARP shoes) 

You might try searching for "ghillies" maybe, I think they sometimes get translated as that.

Anonymous

yes, I found them under “ghillies”  Thanks, Ursel!

Anonymous

Happy to be of service!  😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.