Double Back in a circle

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Nancy Young on tribe.net.If you do the Double Back in a circle of 3 or more dancers, do you do it in place or does it travel (or both)? It could, for instance, travel to the left by stepping the right foot well to the left on count 1, then bringing the left foot to the left to settle on the circle on count 2. Does FCBD do this or any other traveling version of the Double Back in a circle? Thanks for help!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Nancy, didnt I witness you asking this question from Stefanie in class on Saturday? We do do it both ways. :}

Anonymous

Originally posted by Nancy Young on tribe.net.Thanks, Sandi! Yes, I did ask Stephanie about it, but specifically about traveling it with a turn (which Id seen another ATS teacher do). I wanted to know if FC did that. Stephanie said no. I didnt get clear on just how FC does travels with it, so thats what youve just let me know. Sorry if Ive been annoying!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Not annoying, Nancy! I know youre thorough! ;Dbr/br/We travel in a circle, but we dont include a turn. We stay facing in. If we are doing the DB stationary facing in, we can cue for the 1/2 turn and do it in place. If were facing in a duet, theres an opportunity to pass either facing or back to back, which might be considered a turn, but its really just flipping one way or the other.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Vicky on tribe.net.Is there a video anywhere that includes a traveling Double Back in a circle, and a stationary Double Back in a circle? Im having a hard time thinking of how the troupe would catch the cue for the turn to know which version the leader wants to do. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Its just a matter of moving or not moving in a circle.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Joan Marie on tribe.net.Regarding the double back 1/2 turn, is it ok if the leader does not turn back to the front but waits for the followers to complete the 1/2 turn back to the front and then circle up? If yes, is it permissable to do this with other moves that half turn.br/br/Thanks. Joan

Anonymous

Originally posted by Nancy Young on tribe.net.Thanks again for clarifying, Sandi. Lots of pretty things to do with the DB!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Vicky on tribe.net.Not sure of the "official" answer, but I do that all the time! If you want to face the circle with a half-turn move, just dont turn back to the front at the end. If you want to face the circle with a full-turn move, over-turn so that you do the full turn and a little more. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Yes. This is how we face to change leads, besides pivoting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.