Doubt in 2 steps

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by *** Diana Lee ** on tribe.net.Hi Everyone!!!br/br/Ok......this are my questions. When teaching Egyptian on Level I do you also teach the 1/2 turn and the full turn? And in Level II when teaching the Arabic Hip Twist and 1/2 turn do you also teach the Flourish? Basically, do you teach the steps and its variations on the same class? br/br/Thank You for the Heip 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.we do teach the half turn in Level 1, but full turn in Level 3. With hip twist, we do teach the 1/2 turn, but the flourish is usually Level 3. I think mostly because with the hip twist there is already a LOT going on, so you want your students to have it down before adding a bunch of variations.

Anonymous

Originally posted by *** Diana Lee ** on tribe.net.Thank You sooooo much for answering so soon Wendy, ◕ ‿ ◕❁ br/br/Also thank Carolena, all the FCBD Studio teachers and all the teachers of ATS who collaborate with this site. It has helped me a lot and I have learned (and still learning a lot).br/br/For me who does not have the convenience and the blessing to live in SF near FCBD Studio, this site is PRICELESS (∪ ◡ ∪)

Anonymous

Originally posted by *** Diana Lee ** on tribe.net.Thank You..(✿ ♥‿♥)

Anonymous

Originally posted by SOOZ on tribe.net.Amen sistah! I consider this tribe our own little Teachers Lounge!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Lucy on tribe.net.It really is amazing 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by *** Diana Lee ** on tribe.net.Hmmmmm........Teachers Lounge.........thats a good one Sooz, never thought about it. From now on I will make sure that depending on the time I will ALWAYS either have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. 😉

Anonymous

Originally posted by Lucy on tribe.net.Thank you, Diana Lee, for posting this question, and thank you, Wendy for your answer! I am just starting a level 1 class for the first time and wanted to ask this question after teaching week 2 because the students had trouble grasping the Basic Egyptian, and seemed really confused when I demonstrated and explained the half turn. I suppose this is why we drill the steps in every class; it takes time for new students to grasp the concepts and to accomplish the moves.br/br/I too greatly appreciate this forum and the DVDs!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.