Dragon Fly Quarter Turn-Foot Count?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I just want to clarify the foot count for the Dragon Fly Quarter Turns. Following the rule that all fast 4-count moves turn on 3… I want to be clear that this is when the quarter turns occur on the Dragon. In the video it looked like the turns could have occured on the “&” following the 3, but also on the “&” following the 4. Which is the best count to turn on? Thanks!

Anonymous

The Dragonfly is an 8-ct move, so the concept of the 4-ct move turn happening between 3 & 4 doesn't necessarily apply.  But, that said, it looks to me that they are turning between 3 & 4 and 7 & 8, so they are ready to go on “1” at each side.  I'll leave it to a Tamarind dancer to clarify, though.  🙂

Anonymous

Thanks Sandi! I would be interested in any input a Tamarind dancer could contribute also.

Anonymous

We are turning between the 3&4 and 7&8, so that we are ready to go with the right foot at the next wall.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.