Dragonfly – Arms in Quarter Turns

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.I recently got the vol. 9 DVD, and after watching it (and loving all of it!) Id like to ask about one detail in the Dragonfly.br/br/For the quarter turns the move is shown to have the lower arm position when facing the sides, and the upper arm position when facing front or back. But in the drills its once done the other way round (arms up while facing the sides and arms at shoulder height while facing front and back).br/Now Im wondering: was that just an accident, or can it be done both ways?br/br/br/

Anonymous

Originally posted by plyasunya on tribe.net.Ursel! Im so eager to watch vol.9? but no opportunity((( Please,say what DRAGONFLY is. Is it on this video? Or can you give me another link?

Anonymous

Originally posted by plyasunya on tribe.net.a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJyS6lPkmo&feature=related title=www.youtube.com/watchwww.youtube.com/watch/a

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jen on tribe.net.Ursel, br/br/The arms in the 1/4 Dragonfly are always up in front, shoulder level to the sides (which makes sense when you try to fade it!) br/I goofed it up during drills on the DVD, and did not realize it until I watched Vol. 9 last week. Yikes!br/br/Hope this helps, and glad you are enjoying the DVD!br/br/Jen

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.Hi, Plyasunya! The Dragonfly is an arm variation for the Arabic Shimmy that got developed by Tamarind Tribal, a sister studio to FCBD. Yes, its on vol. 9, together with many other goodies. :-)br/You can see it in action on this video, it begins at about 5:18:br/a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eore-cmDevs title=www.youtube.com/watchwww.youtube.com/watch/a

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.Thank you!br/Well, this only shows how well you work together, when the audience interprets a goof as another variation. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by plyasunya on tribe.net.Thank you, Ursel! Im waiting forward to getting Vol.9!!!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jen on tribe.net.Thanks Ursel, we have created a few moves and variations based on "mistakes"!br/br/J

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.