Dueling Duets

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Virginia on tribe.net.HI,br/I have a question about the formation for Dueling Duets. After fading in a quartet and pivoting everyone in place to create the dueling duets, what is the situation on each duet with respect to the one across from them? Would each person be left shoulder to left shoulder of the person across? This question came up as we started working on Rush Hour with Arabic 1-2-3. It seems like wed need to be left shoulder to left shoulder to be ready to pass each other. br/Thanks!br/br/Virginia

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.The leaders would be right shoulder to right shoulder. the followers would be left shoulder to left shoulder.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Right. Wendy, that would be the situation with either the follow positions or lead positions. I think the question is, what is the position of one sides follower with the other sides leader, who is across from them. The way I see it from overhead, if you fade a quartet, everyone evens out in their lines. So when you pivot to face in for a DD, if you look across, everyone is still in line. br/br/Stage left lead would be directly across from stage right follower and stage right lead would be directly across from stage left follower. But, of course, in a DD, the followers are following their own leaders, not those across. br/br/For the Rush Hour, you are moving around the person across from you, just as if you are facing in a duet. For the Arabic 123, you would pass front to front (to your right, their left), then again, back to back on the same path. The Chico version would bring the leaders closer to the opposite followers on the last cycle of the the Chico setup, then do the wrap.br/br/Hope that makes sense!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.In Arabic 123 for Rush Hour, youd be facing head on to start. Once you turn profile for the pass, youll have enough room to get by each other.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Virginia on tribe.net.Thanks, Sandi!br/It does make sense. Being directly across from each other (of course each following their own leader) will help me clarify things and will help us move around each other in Rush Hour!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.