Duet fade with ASWAT

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi all!I Have a question about the ASWAT w/fade.I know that in a duet we DON'T fade but I was wondering if it is allowed to be fading with steps like the ASWAT (or the Turkish Shimmy 1/4 turn or the Triangle Step) where the new leader doesn't stay in the front but keeps the fade going on, by coming back to her position.Thank you!  :-*

Anonymous

I'm not sure the audience would really see it – that's why fades in a duet don't really work. There are so many other great things to do in a duet, like a facing ASWAT, that look much more dramatic to the audience, so I'm not sure why you'd want to use the fade.

Anonymous

Actually, the Devyani Dance Company have developed a beautiful duet variation for the ASWAT fade. It's on the Vol. 9 DVD. 🙂

Anonymous

Yes I saw the variation on the DVD.  😉I was just wondering if it's allowed to use a duet fade with steps such as the AWAT or the Turkish Shimmy 1/4 turn.Cause my students are often asking me about it and I'm not sure about the answer. I think that maybe, as long as the follower doesn't stop to the front (taking the leadership) but keeps the fade going on and comes back to her position, it can be done. Does it make sense?

Anonymous

You're always welcome to try new things, but in FCBD, duets and trio diagonals don't fade in improv.  It would have to be a set combo/choreo, such as what you see in Vol 9.  My personal inclination is to not have everything have every variation known to bellydance kind because we would like to have specific identities for every concept.  What is to make a fading duet look different from a fading trio?  There are so many things that duets can do that trios and quartets can't.  So, I am not want to try to make things fit where they don't need to be.To add, the TS 1/4 turn in a duet, if the leader moves back with it (like in a fading trio+), the follower moves back as well, so you have a pair moving the same direction, rather than opposing.

Anonymous

Ooook! Everything is much more clear now! Thanks a lot  ;D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.