Dynamic duets

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

So, you go to homecoming and one of your sister studios lets you take HER spot in the dynamic duets class because she's awesome. Then, you learn some amazing combos from Kristine and Juhay and are just generally inspired.  THEN, you take your new found enthusiasm for fast facing duets home and you and your partner have at least one huge ooooopssss per song if not more where she's going into the turkish passing while you're going into the arabic sunanda combo and CHAOS ensues.How do you folks keep from stepping on your partner during a dynamic duet?

Anonymous

I don't know the Arabic sunanda combo, but if you are getting Turkish passing and sunanda confused, I think your body angles are probably off.But give yourself a break - it's been less than a month since Homecoming. You can't possibly have everything you learnt there in your muscle memory yet, and even if you do, your partner probably hasn't yet. Some of those complex combos take *months* to flow.

Anonymous

I think Leslie means that both partners initiated moves at the same time. This is a thing that happens. IMO, you just get better at recovering quickly.

Anonymous

There is a performance video of Valizan and the Shades of Araby where you can view the Arabic Sunanda duet  on YouTube.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JgsqcGHpkMGo into the video about 2:40 and there it is. Set up is an Arabic without the Arabic set up. This video has some great duet combos. Enjoy.

Anonymous

Hi Leslie!  Here's how you remedy that situation…Smile and keep dancing.  🙂Really.  Just complete your moves independently and move onto another movement.  Either you will default to your partner's move or she with yours.  No stress.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Technique’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.