Egyptian full turn cue and counting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I'm getting different info about how this move is done correctly. Need help from experts  😉Does EFT goes only as a follow to a egyptian half turn or is it ok to do it, for example, from arabic?How do you count EFT from cue on? Is it counted the same as if you were doing egyptian half turn (1-2 right arm, 3-4 left arm and turn) or is the cue for full turn on 1 and 2?

Anonymous

Hi Petra!At the FCBD studio and in performances here in San Francisco, we build up to the Full Turn from regular Egyptian and Egyptian 1/2 turn.  You want to finish the full turn in 4 counts and face back to the front to start your next move on the 1.  (It goes so fast that I don't actually count it out, but since you asked, I thought I'd count it out to help clarify!)  For comparison, you would be facing toward the back within 4 counts of the 1/2 turn.You want to always cue it on the 1 (as you would with the 1/2 turn).  In regards to taking the Full Turn from another step, I wouldn't recommend it.  Technically, it can be done (say from Arabic as you suggested), but I think it would be hard for your followers to catch and the Full Turn is a step that helps punctuate a point in the music.  The Egyptian is a beautiful step on its own and you wouldn't want to skip over it 🙂Given that, another fun option is to cue the Full Turn out of the Triple Egyptian!I hope that helps!  Let me know if you have any questions about what I've said here.~ Kelsey

Anonymous

Hi Petra!At the FCBD studio and in performances here in San Francisco, we build up to the Full Turn from regular Egyptian and Egyptian 1/2 turn.  You want to finish the full turn in 4 counts and face back to the front to start your next move on the 1.  (It goes so fast that I don't actually count it out, but since you asked, I thought I'd count it out to help clarify!)  For comparison, you would be facing toward the back within 4 counts of the 1/2 turn.You want to always cue it on the 1 (as you would with the 1/2 turn).  In regards to taking the Full Turn from another step, I wouldn't recommend it.  Technically, it can be done (say from Arabic as you suggested), but I think it would be hard for your followers to catch and the Full Turn is a step that helps punctuate a point in the music.  The Egyptian is a beautiful step on its own and you wouldn't want to skip over it 🙂Given that, another fun option is to cue the Full Turn out of the Triple Egyptian!I hope that helps!  Let me know if you have any questions about what I've said here.~ Kelsey

Thank you Kelsey so much for helping!I do have one more question - both cues for 1/2 and Full turn are basically the same, they don't look any different one from another?

Anonymous

The cues for the 1/2 turn and full turn are the same, though, you might feel like the full turn cue is more emphatic because it is being cued from a 1/2 turn in full swing.  Like Kelsey said, we build from the Egyptian to the 1/2 to the Full Turn.  It doesn't take as long as you might think, either.  That whole buildup can happen in 16 counts at the least.The flow of moving into an Egyptian Full Turn from another move would not be as smooth.

Anonymous

Yup, what Sandi said!  🙂

Anonymous

The cues for the 1/2 turn and full turn are the same, though, you might feel like the full turn cue is more emphatic because it is being cued from a 1/2 turn in full swing.  Like Kelsey said, we build from the Egyptian to the 1/2 to the Full Turn.  It doesn't take as long as you might think, either.  That whole buildup can happen in 16 counts at the least.The flow of moving into an Egyptian Full Turn from another move would not be as smooth.

Thank you Sandi 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.