Egyptian Sevillana with partner pass

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

One spin (just to pass your partner) or two – to pass your partner and then flourish?  We tried both in last night's rehearsal.  I liked the flourishy one better, but with the particular music we were using, it felt rushed.  What do you think?

Anonymous

Egyptian Sevillana only has a pass which is basically a half turn – a stepping past your partner to face.  No other flourishes.  Where did you see the extra flourishes?

Anonymous

I didn't see it anywhere, but somehow the momentum of the step, and the music, made it feel like an obvious choice to add a flourish.  I was just wondering if anyone else had accidentally stepped into this as well.

Anonymous

Hey JanetNot so much from the Partner Pass but sometimes a flourish "has happened" when I've taken the lead from this move.However, I would be interested to know how many times "on average" do you pass before switching the move or the lead? Once doesn't seem enough, twice would be perfect but if you take the lead after two it's the original leader. Three seems like it might be too many and getting repetitive? What do others do? Switch the move whilst still facing perhaps?Thanks guys! Oooo so excited to be on here!  ;D

Anonymous

Char,Personally, I don't think it would matter if it brought the same person back into lead as long as it follows the phrasing of the music. Ya know?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.