Ending for Propeller vs. Corkskrew Turns

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Beloved N on tribe.net.Seeking clarity on these moves... br/I am getting the end positions mixed up, which one is where we end up in with our hands out in "stop" signals, and one in a belly flourish (roll/flutter)? And the hand positions for the other not in "stop" signals? Please help, anything would be great! Thanks.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.Ummm....br/For corkscrew the hands cross and plunge down as you turn and finish with the arms coming out and up to overhead, leading with the elbows.br/br/Propeller the right arm is near the right hip as you turn and finishes with the right arm overhead and the left arm at horizontal. You can choose to a bodywave when you finish propeller, but its not a belly roll or flutter. Some folks go into bodywave directly after propeller or reverse turn because your arms are already there, so its quite convenient.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Beloved N on tribe.net.Okay, right. br/...and the flat hands, am I getting this mixed up with something else?br/Which one ends with the body at more of a back angle?br/I really appreciate this, thank you.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.flat hands?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Shay M on tribe.net.Quick thought: my understanding is that they never cross during the corkscrew turn, Carrie. Carolena described it as if there were a pole right in front of your body, and your palms are flat down, pushing as if they are sliding down the sides of the pole, so that we remember *not* to cross the hands. That was something that really stuck with me from the TT. Unless I am somehow mistaking it with something else, but I cant imagine what.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.Oh, thats a tidbit I had missed so far - thank you!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.I cross my hands when I do the corkscrew. Doh!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Beloved, im not sure what you mean by the body ending at more of a back angle. Can you please elaborate? 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Brandi Mc on tribe.net.Hmmm, when I do Corkscrew Turn, I cross my hands, and my hands are palms in and fingertips up, not flat or down.br/However, what you are describing sounds exactly like what I do when I transition into Arabic Step.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.So do I. Right hand in front. We should check on that one. ;}

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Ok, checked in with Carolena. The hands do cross in front, but it is okay if they dont cross. Just be sure youre not crossing your arms.br/br/Sharon, now I can see the visual you were talking about with the pole. That is the shape your hands are making, but they dont have to be holding onto the pole. I cross just the hands, but not as far as the wrists.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.And my wrists are a little bit flexed coming down the center, palms facing each side. They look like bird wings in the mirror.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.Shay, I thought the pole thing too for the longest time, until C & M were just up here in July, and they taught the crossed hands. But as mentioned, Im sure the universe will not implode if the hands dont cross. ;-)br/br/Beloved, can you please describe your question that Wendy asked for elaboration on??

Anonymous

Originally posted by Caroline on tribe.net.Thanks Sandi and all - I was beginning to panic had been missing something! I too cross my wrist coming down centre for corkscrew turn. Sandi love this analagy to bird wings in the mirror - mind if I use that?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.I dont mind, but make sure its not the hand shadow wings, like this: a href=http://www.daily-tangents.com/RefPage/Bursill/B07.shtml title=www.daily-tangents.com/RefPag...7.shtmlwww.daily-tangents.com/RefPag...7.shtml/abr/br/;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.