Exiting the Stage

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

What are your favourite ways to exit the stage (i.e. in a stage show with multiple acts)?  We usually walk off with arm undulations, but would like to add some different ways of exiting, possibly including some faster, more dynamic exits.Thank you.

Anonymous

I like to tack about 30 seconds of a fast song into the end. Get together and bow, then circle up and exit with shimmies and flourishes. If we opened with a fast song that's a real crowd pleaser, sometimes I use its intro.

Anonymous

HI BrendaDepending on the venue. we like to do a fast song- short, sometimes the intro to the fast song we may have just danced to. Circling the stage, everyone doing twirls as they move across the front of the stage, zilling and yipping. We usually do a couple of turns, depending on how many are performing and the designated person to lead us off stage  by breaking the circle and heads off the stage. Preferably to the left which is the back of the circle but not always as it depends on the space we are performing in. Sometimes we make it more dramatic, we finish our set, wait for the clapping to die down,  turn and exit left following the person in front of us. Arms in table top position, complete silence.

Anonymous

Cool ideas.  Thanks!

Anonymous

This is off topic, but I wonder why it says Sister Studios under your names, but not under mine. I identified myself as a Sister Studio in my profile.

Anonymous

I've noticed lots of variations – Full Member, Jr Member, Sister Studios Full Member, Sister Studios Sr Member, Sister Studios Jr Member, Sister Studios Newbie, and just Newbie.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Performing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.