Extended Puja meaning behind the gestures?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have been watching and learning off of the Maya's theme video on you tube, I would like to know if the movements have meaning behind them like the original Puja if they do I would love to know the meaning behind the gestures.  Thank you,Brigiett

Anonymous

I believe there are explanations on the Woman Power Workout DVD. Each pose represents a Hundu God/Goddess, each with their own meaning. 

Anonymous

Thank you,I actually have that on VHS  I will dig it out and see if it has it on there from so long ago, and yes I still have a working VCR for all my old tapes. 

Anonymous

This was my understanding of the Pranam postures, corrections would be greatly appreciated 🙂Ganesh (the arm lifting up to the side like a trunk ending in an ear shape)Vishnu (offering basket)Nataraja (hands at wrist, one up and one down)Saraswati (knowledge, music, arts - the middle section where we acknowledge those attributes)Radha/Radharani (peeking veil, Krishna's lover)Devi (synonymous of Shakti - the large arm movements)Shanti Mudra (opening the heart, hands going up and out, where we put in the lotus hands)

Anonymous

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.