Fades and duets

This topic contains 15 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.While I was in Europe, at a hafla I noticed several people using fades with duets. Just to clarify, this is NOT part of our format. Fades are for trios, quartets, and staggers of 5 people or more. We never do fades with duets.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.;}

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.Yeah. What she said. That is all.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.soooooo, HOW many people can do a fade? 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by icy on tribe.net.ummmm 20? ;)br/Three or more people, NOT two. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Susan on tribe.net.hi wendybr/br/Great post - i have never understood why the fade is not okay in duets - is the reason fades are not to be used in duets because it loses visual impact for the audience? i should have asked at gs/tt?br/br/thanks

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.word to your face.br/br/there has to be SOMETHING that duets cant do. thats what I tell my students, at least.br/br/Welcome home dont ever leave us again please thank you!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Heather T on tribe.net.Thanks for sharing.br/br/Thats good to know:)

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Susan, it does lose its visual impact, and it just really doesnt make sense in a duet. it just ends up looking like youve switched and are leading from the right, which is not part of our format.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Susan on tribe.net.thanks wendy. that makes sense 🙂 you are all so good to answer these questions - its so valuable xx

Anonymous

Originally posted by Raven on tribe.net.Thanks for the clarification. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by MissTrixsta on tribe.net.Something else I noticed in Europe this year was dancers in duets, trios and quartets switching lead by the leader stepping over to the right, and everyone else stepping sidewards/backwards/forwards to switch position at the same time. This is not part of the FC format right?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.do you mean like changing leads in a stagger? Front row moving to right, back row moving to left? I didnt see that so much on my last couple of trips, but I have even seen that here in the U.S., and yeah, we dont change leads that way unless you are in a stagger. Any group of 4 or less either fades, or pivots and circles to change leads.

Anonymous

Originally posted by MissTrixsta on tribe.net.Thanks Wendy. Thats what I meant. And thats what I thought!br/br/Hope you had a great time in Europe!!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.The only time weve done this is in class as an exercise in one big stagger. Its only meant to work on technique, leading/following and traveling. Never in a performance, though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.