Fast Moves to do a fade

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by AliChris O on tribe.net.So, i was teaching to my students how to fade in a 3 or 4 formations and i came up with this tought: what are the proper moves for fading?br/br/I know that when preparing to do a fade the leader should flatter up front, leaving the performance angle, but is this a mandatory rule to a fade? No movements showing the sides of the body ( as the choo choo single and the choo choo double, and sunanda) can be used to a fade?br/br/This are the moves i remember seeing used to do a fade: arabic, arabic shimmie, ASWAT, turkish shimmie 1/4 turn, egyptian, shimmie step. br/br/Moves that i think ive seen being used but im not shure about: arabic hip twist, shoulder shimmie hip drop, sunanda, wet dog (yes, ive seen that topic about "a Wet Dog Never Fades?" but I found no conclusions about this move) br/br/Thanks for your time and happy dancing!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Vicky on tribe.net.Oh, the Sunanda can fade!!! Whee! Love that one! And my new favorite which we just learned is fading the arabic hip twist 1/2 turns with flourish! 😀 One of our troupe members loooves the wet dog (not a move Im capable of at the moment!), and she assures us it can move forwards as well as back and thus would be able to fade, in theory anyway. Weve also faded all the moves you listed as ones you remember seeing faded.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Carrie on tribe.net.Any hip bump family does not fade (travel back for that matter).br/Arabic, Arabic Shimmy, Shimmy with arms up, and Egyptian are your basics for fastbr/ASWAAT fade is a part of the curriculum. br/br/TS 1/4 Turn, Sununda, Hip Twist etc. are done by many troupes (probably including FC) but not currently on the GS curriculum. My troupe fades TS 1/4 turn but not Sununda, Wet Dog, or Hip Twists but they are done successfully by other troupes. br/br/As far as your Q about flattening out as the rule to fade- yes for Egyptian and Shimmy Step along with stepping back with intention.

Anonymous

Originally posted by rhiannyn on tribe.net.and the Arabic does not flatten to the front, it flattens to the left side.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Vicky on tribe.net.Good clarification! I keep forgetting that!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.