FCBD Vol.1

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Mithrylle on tribe.net.Ladies from FCBD I need your help! :)br/I have a question about shimmy in Vol.1 - is it "normal" shimmy or is it 3/4 shimmy that you do?br/Thx!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.3/4 Shimmy is our "normal" shimmy.br/= UpDownUp (last "up" on the beat/step)br/br/Whats the difference in your world? :}

Anonymous

Originally posted by Mithrylle on tribe.net.Thank you Sandi! br/Well, when I first started with belly dancing (classical egyptian style, before I learned about beauty of ATS) we did several shimmy types and the "normal" one was basic shimmy - Up-Down-Up-Down-Up-Down etc. So, watching Vol.1 I got confused a bit 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net."Up-Down-Up-Down-Up-Down etc."br/br/I think that would be the Standing Shimmy, wouldnt it?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Mithrylle on tribe.net.3/4 shimmy isnt standing one? :)br/We called it Basic shimmy and many instructional dvd call it that way.br/Again, thx Sandi for clearing it up for me 😉

Anonymous

Originally posted by Margaret on tribe.net.Sandi, Im having a "moment" here. I thought a 3/4 shimmy goes:br/Up-Down-Up-and-Up-Down-Up-and, with a tiny pause before you switch the Up Hip (or: Righ-Left-Right-and-Left-Right-Left-and)br/br/While the plain ol Shimmy is just Up-Down-Up-Down-Up-Down (or:Right-Left-Right-Left-Right-Left).br/br/What is the correct name for each of these?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Mithrylle on tribe.net.I guess you misunderstood my last post - 3/4 shimmy is Up-Down-Up with pause before switching to the Up hip.br/Anyway, I got my answer, so ... 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Ursel on tribe.net.Well, in ATS the 3/4 Shimmy gets used more often. This is the one used for moving about, like turning in place, travelling, layering it over other movements. Whereas the Standing Shimmy is only used while standing in place.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.UpDownUp = 3/4 Shimmy, or to us, its just the Shimmy or Shimmy Stepbr/br/UpDownUpDown = Alternating Shimmy, this is what Ursel is describing as the Standing Shimmy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.