fiasco

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Ever wonder what the audience is thinking? I make this a mandatory listening assignment for all of my students: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/61/fiasco

Anonymous

Thanks for that Carolena. The Peter Pan anecdote was hilarious ;)) I'm often curious re the audience's thoughts.  And I do like to think they only want us to deliver a successfulPerformance. Honestly i know some are not appreciative but i dont focus on them. Sometimes i dont even see them! though other troupe/band members have noticed. Is the moral Do your best. Leave the rest?

Anonymous

I think the moral is do your best, be humble and sincere. And know when you've completely blown it and need to cut your losses and let the audience off the hook, i.e. stop trying to fix it and get off the stage as soon as you can. Humor is best at this point. At least you are letting them know that you know that the cats out of the bag.

Anonymous

Wise words 😉 thank you

Anonymous

A California dancer recently posted on FB  that she allows herself the occasional flub so she can make a fantabulous comeback. It was a photo share I think but cute nonetheless.

Anonymous

Right Zina! It's an old vaudeville/circus technique to appear make a huge mistake on stage, then floor the audience with an amazing comeback. It works if you're in control, but Peter Pan was not in control!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.