Final Mudra in extended puja

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Could someone tell me what the final mudra in the extended puja conveys please? and is it just index finger to thumb or index and middle finger to thumb?Thanks

Anonymous

It's ok folks, I have found out, an enlightened person in our dancing circle recognised it. Dharmachakra, and I have a full explanation after googling it. Isn't the internet a wonderful place?

Anonymous

Can you share what the explanation you found was? 🙂

Anonymous

Megha calls it the Shanti mudra, which is the peace mudra.  Index finger to thumb, right on top of left.

Anonymous

I know the traditional Puja we do, but what is the 'extended' version and where can I find this?  On a FCBD DVD? I must have missed it. Please provide a reference for this. Thanks! Janine

Anonymous

Here's a link to FCBD & Devyani performing the extended Puja http://youtu.be/_sYHTvAFURk It's not included in any of the instructional DVD's, but is sometimes taught at Tribal:Pura workshops.

Anonymous

Tanks for the link-It is beautiful!Janine

Anonymous

Here's another version of the Extended Puja. This is the one I like to use 🙂http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G-0DPHU78m4

Anonymous

Hi everybody,I'm finally in the community!  This forum is great.RE: the extended puja.  As Sandi said, the last mudra is called shanti mudra and means peace.  I love going from the Saraswati pose (Goddess of arts, knowledge and everything beautiful), into the peace mudra.  This is a choreography that Devyani created as an extension of the class puja, waaaay back in the day in New Orleans.  This is practically vintage now.  lol  We're so happy that so many people love it as much as we do. 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.