Floreos and Arm Sweeps

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

When I'm dancing to slow music I'm usually using those Arm Sweeps that go down in front of your body and go up in an arc, and I'm combining those with a couple of Floreos. So far, so good. 😉But how about those Arm Sweeps that go down in an arc and up in front of your body? I know they can be used just as well, but which kind of Floreos do you use then? The "common" ones of the reverse ones? I've tried with it with both, and somehow the Reverse Floreos seem to come to me more easily. :-

Anonymous

We tend to use the standard floreo for any arm sweeps.  The reverse is saved for Reverse Taxeem, Strong Arm, or part of the Wrap Around Turn.  And probably part other moves as well.

Anonymous

Okay, then I'll practice that! 🙂 Thank you!

Anonymous

How would you use it with the Reverse Taqseem?  When I took GS, the Reverse Taqseem was taught with arm undulations?Thx.

Anonymous

As Sandi said, with the reverse taxseem, or maya, you use the reverse floreo. I've seen it with both arms at horizontal doing reverse floreos while the hips are doing reverse taxseem.

Anonymous

You can use the standard Floreo with standard Taxeem and Reverse Floreo with Reverse Taxeem.  The arms can be overhead or come down to horizontal.  It's a rarely used pairing, but it works.  At :16, Marsha goes into Reverse Taxeem with arms overhead and doing Reverse Floreo, then goes into Arm Undulations.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYF5iyI76KM

Anonymous

So, with standard Taxeem and standard Floreo you can occasionally have your arms overhead, too? I've never seen that in action, so I never thought of it.

Anonymous

Yes, you can do it, but I don't think we use it much because it doesn't accentuate the Taxeem as well as the Arm Undulations.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.