Foot positions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello Carolena, Big Sisters of FCBD and Sisters!  🙂My question is about foot positions: one flat/one ball, both ball and right in front of leftI recall asking this from Carolena once, but cannot remember what she replied. Silly me, didn't write it down  :'( Namely, I have a big temptation  😮  to think both feet flat, side by side, is also a foot position in our dance form. We have it in Taxeems and Ghawazee Shimmy. I know this question will come up as we go further with my beginners and I would want to know what is the correct answer regarding to the format.  I've been avoiding this topic as I'm not sure what to say. Dance steps evolved by the years, is there any new light regarding to this one?I ask this respectfully  :-[ , just need to know what others answer their students about this topic. AND what is the Official Truth

Anonymous

Namely, I have a big temptation  😮  to think both feet flat, side by side, is also a foot position in our dance form. We have it in Taxeems and Ghawazee Shimmy.

I would add Egyptian to that list, since this is how your feet are placed on count 2 and 4. And Circle Step, Torso Rotation (both when done in place without turning), Ribcage Rotation ... these are the ones I can come up with right on the spot, there may be even more. So, yes, I would tend to regard it as one of the basic foot positions.

Anonymous

I would say that both feet flat is just standing, a starting position. But if you want to refer to it as a foot position, no harm done.

Anonymous

Thank you, Carolena for giving your time. It's true what you say: it's just standing. But just need to be, being a SS, sure that what I tell is correct and in line with the format

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.