Ghawazee sequence used in fade

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Amina b on tribe.net.One of my students asked me a question about the Ghawazee sequence used in a fade. After the sequence has been started, 8 cts to front, then 16 cts qtr turns, can you use the second set of 8cts moving the fade prior to the 16 ct diagonal? br/br/I hope this makes sence! =Pbr/br/I have not seen this before, but thought I would ask. I have been teaching another step to start the fade and the second half can come after that. Thank you..

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Yes, you can, although as you fade, the arms need to come up, and thats a bit on the awkward side in the Ghawazee. Well often switch to an Arabic for the fade, then drop back in to the Ghawazee to finish the combo.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Vicky on tribe.net.We do arabic to fade as well. I also really like to do the first half of Ghawazee, then do a few other moves in between, then finish the ghawazee later on in the song, instead of back to back. I feel its a little more interesting to the audience that way. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Amina b on tribe.net.I use the Egyptian or Arabic as well. It was the second half 8 ct Ghawazee moving backwards... The arms out would be awkward. Thanks for the follow up. I appreciate It!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.