Ghawazi Fade

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hello, one of my troupe members said she saw the Ghawazi done as a fade on you tube, she could not remember who or what.  Is anyone familiar with this?  Thank you

Anonymous

Since the ghawazi can be divided into two parts, it works well for a fade. The fade lead would be expected to finish the second half.  I'm not sure about where/who/when, regarding the footage.

Anonymous

thanks, 

Anonymous

You can see the Ghawazee Combo with the Fade performed on the Creative Steps & Combinations Tribal Basics, Vol. 7 DVD.I believe they are dancing to Amel.

Anonymous

As Leslie said, it just gets into the “game” you can play with the Ghawazi Shimmy Combo, where you can have other moves (including a fade, for exemple) performed between the first and second part of the Combo.

Anonymous

Just remember that it's best to fade in a step other than the Ghawazee Shimmy, because the arms are held to horizontal. Arabic or Arabic Shimmy would be better. Horizontal arms are the universal signal for a push back, vertical arms are better for squeezing past each other.

Anonymous

Carolena, remind me about the “push back” please?

Anonymous

Hi, Leslie– A “pushback” is when the group all moves back together, in contrast to a fade, where the front row moves back while the back row moves forward. We typically do a pushback, for example, after we've all moved forward in a Re-shamka (so: Re-shamka forward, Egyptian back).

Anonymous

Thank you everyone, I was busy with work and have not checked back all week, wonderful information.  We will be playing soon!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.