Ghwazee Shimmy 1/4 turns

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

While reviewing my notes for Ghawazee Shimmy Combo, I came across an instruction Carolena gave in a General Skills intensive in 2009: On the 1/4 turns, look in the direction your right hip is hitting toward, or again, look toward your right hand.This instruction doesn't appear in any of my other notes, so I'm wondering about it. Is this rightward turn of the face in the Ghawazee 1/4 turns still taught by FC? Thanks for any help!

Anonymous

In case you haven't received the answer yet, I'll respond with yes.  After you set up the Ghawazee Shimmy and move into the 1/4 turn, the first turn is to the front plane = your hip, shoulder and face are facing front.  Then all that hits the left wall, then to the back wall, then to the right wall, etc.  So, yes, your head is turned toward the right shoulder/hand for all the hits on the odd counts.  But, remember to spot on the even counts.  So, before you make each quarter turn, you are looking to the spot you are landing, then hit.  That is how it feels most comfortable to me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Technique’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.