Groupon, Twongo, other group buying sites?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Janet Hanseth Janet Hanseth 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Janet Hanseth
    Janet Hanseth
    Keymaster

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.For anyone who teaches - have you tried using group-buying sites like Groupon or Twongo? If so, what % of a discount do you offer, and was it for a class, a punch card, a session? Have you found that students who start out with these coupons stick around after they expire?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Hollie Schmidt on tribe.net.The yoga studio I teach at just did a Groupon. They pretty much made no money but got like 70 new students. I do not know how many will stick around after the classes are used up...in a month I will tell you. I know that Devyani just did a Groupon also. I talked to Liz about it because I was interested in doing one for my classes and she said that she got a large amount of new students but pretty much same situation as giving it away and hoping that the students will get hooked and pay for another session. I am sort of seeing how these two go since they are pretty close to my area and going from there when I hear from them if they got paying students afterwards.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.We did Groupon last year and got over 800 sales. I dont remember what the deal was, I think it was a 6 class card. But were in an urban area, more densely populated, and apparently there were a LOT of women in SF that wanted to try belly dance. I dont know how many have stuck with it, though.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Sandi on tribe.net.It was 3 classes for $10. Seriously cheap.br/br/Yelp is also offering coupon thingys.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Hollie Schmidt on tribe.net.I did a Groupon for Spring Session and got 25 sold but I am in a small town area in South Atlanta. I made $28 per sale after there half of $59 which was half of the normal price of $120. That was $28 for a 10 week Spring Session which equals $2.80 per class. They give you 1/3 of your money in first week of sale, 1/3 of money after 30 days and 1/3 after 60 days. I did it because I needed new students and not for the money.Luckily I pay a percentage for rent instead of by the hour so I could afford to do it. I am hoping half will come back for Summer Session at regular price.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jennifer on tribe.net.Hollie, Id be interested in a follow-up post from you once your summer session starts, to see what % of your groupon students sign up for a second session.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘ATS® GS/TT’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.