Hip / leg problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Has anyone ever had 'dancers hip' or 'snapping hip syndrome'?  I seem to have developed it in my right hip/thigh (top of my leg crease) and it's annoying me.  It's not painful, just feels odd/slightly uncomfortable when I sit in certain positions, or if my leg is turned out – it feels like it's going to get stuck, or that the muscle is being crunched.  It's ok when I dance.Just wondered, and what you did about it.  Rest I suppose 🙁

Anonymous

I had something like that a couple winters ago. Then I ran a holiday 5k race, and partway through there was a big snap. I was in lots of pain and took a couple months off both dance and running, and it went away. I haven't really run regularly since, though, because that really freaked me out.

Anonymous

Yes I think I'd freak out too if I'd had that happen!  Sounded very painful !I've read that it's common with dancers and runners, and that it's the muscle sliding or catching, then snapping back??  I notice it more when I have my leg turned out in yoga - it feels like it wants to snap.  I think maybe a visit to the doc is needed.

Anonymous

Yes I've had something similar. I concentrated on engaging those muscles – deep internal rotators as best I could before executing the offending movements. This helps to strengthen them. Also not going to full range of movement until stronger and dont overstretch ie be gentle. Lastly and probably most important practise Pilates (sensibly). Good luck Kay

Anonymous

Thanks for all the suggestions Madonna – I'll try putting that to practise.Thank you both for your help 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sister Studio Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.