Hip lock move?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jasmine on tribe.net.I noticed a move in a FCBD video that made me stop and wonder recently. Its this video, at 4:43:br/br/a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEzgJMKH2hc title=www.youtube.com/watchwww.youtube.com/watch/abr/br/I see the arms coming up and stopping at shoulder level, which seems to be the cue. I see hip locks (specifically, hips on the up) for four counts as the dancer levels down, then a loose shimmy for four counts as the dancer comes up. Was this just an experiment move? Was it just a little random variation that isnt a codified move unto itself? I dont see FCBD bust it out very often, but I like it because its so effective at emphasizing the up beat, and I wanted a little more info on it.br/br/Thanks!

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.Hey Jasmine-thats just alternating hips with a level. Its the legs bending and straightening to move the hips up and down as were lowering. Same thing on the way back up, but double time.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jasmine on tribe.net.I dont see it much in performance, but I like the accentuation you get from it. So its not anything cued, then? You just whip it out and the follower dancers just need to be paying attention to catch it?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.yup.

Anonymous

Originally posted by Jasmine on tribe.net.Awesome. Thanks for the info, Wendy. 🙂

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.sure thang! 😀

Anonymous

Originally posted by Brandi Mc on tribe.net.Hi Wendy,br/Do you always go regular time on the way down, and double time on the way up?

Anonymous

Originally posted by Wendy on tribe.net.we usually do, but theres no set rule about it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘ATS®’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Did you have an account with our old store catalogue?  Click here to sign up for account with our new and improved store.